Commonly Asked Questions at Firefly Yoga Studio
- All experience levels are welcome at Firefly. Although every class will have verbal modifications to help you through the poses, we recommend that if you are new to yoga, you start with the Foundations Yoga classes.
- Arrive 15 to 20 minutes prior to class to settle in. No call-aheads or reservations are necessary.
- Yoga is practiced barefoot. Leave your shoes and your worries at the door.
- Our classes vary in length, please refer to the class schedule for specifics.
- Bring a large bath towel, a yoga mat and a bottle of water to class. These may be purchased or rented from the studio if you don’t have your own.
- Please leave cell phones and personal items in your locked car.
- Locker rooms and showers are available for your convenience at our EAST location only. There are no locker rooms or showers at our WEST location.
- Avoid wearing perfume or other strong scents upon entering the studio.
- Wear comfortable, breathable clothes to practice in.
- Come well-hydrated, well-rested and on an empty stomach.
- Yogis 14 and over are welcome to take classes at Firefly Yoga Studio with a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
Late Entry Policies
- To ensure your fellow yogis aren’t disrupted, please, no late arrivals or early dismissals.
- In cases where life gets the best of us and we are running a bit late, please enter the studio quietly.
Workshop/Special Event Policies
- Please register for Workshops/Events in advance. There are two ways to register.
- IN PERSON: At the studio, either before or after a class.
- BY PHONE: Please call us at (316) 978-9191 at least 24 hours before the event.
- Please call us at least 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel and receive a refund.
- Workshops are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met at least 48 hours in advance.
- Cancellations will be posted on our Facebook page.
- You may purchase a gift certificate at the studio. Gift certificates are available for any of the class packages.
Class Cancellation Due to Weather
- In the event of bad weather in our area, please check your email for a cancellation announcement, check our Facebook status updates or call the studio. Students must use their own judgment when deciding whether to travel in bad weather.