Firefly Yoga Studio Class Descriptions
- This class is designed for students who are new to yoga or need a refresher. We will focus on refining basic postures and breath work while building strength, flexibility and awareness. You will learn proper alignment in the basic foundation of postures. From this Foundations Yoga class, you will be able to ease into other classes on the schedule. Studio temperature will be 85 degrees to allow muscles a deeper stretch. This class is FREE the first five times you attend. We recommend that Foundations Yoga be your first class at Firefly. Beginner level class.
Firefly Flow Yoga
- In this Vinyasa-style class, poses will flow from one to another in conjunction with your breath. This class will create strength, freedom and fluidity in the body and mind. All levels are welcome to join this vigorous, playful and reflective practice. Studio temperature will be 90 degrees to allow muscles a deeper stretch. All levels class.
- Step into our 99-degree studio to sweat, detox and flow. The sequencing of this class incorporates traditional hot yoga poses, strength poses and inversions. Hot yoga teaches you to ground yourself in each pose, stimulating your mind and restoring your body. You will leave class feeling cleansed and renewed. All levels-intermediate class. Foundations Yoga is recommended beforehand.
Intro to Ashtanga Yoga
- In this class, we will explore the fundamentals of Ashtanga Yoga, ujjayi breath (deep rhythmic breathing), bandhas (energy locks), and vinyasas. You will begin to learn the sequencing of the primary series. Ashtanga is an ancient practice for increasing health, well-being, and inner peace, it is a scientific system of postures that are linked together through the breath to calm the mind and strengthen the body. Studio temperature will be 85 degrees. All levels class. We recommend taking this class before attending Primary Series Ashtanga.
Primary Series Ashtanga Yoga
- Yoga Chikitsa is the Sanksrit name for the primary series and it can be translated as Yoga Therapy. This physical practice will help you build muscular strength, stamina, balance, flexibility, concentration and deepen one’s connection to Self. The Ashtanga system can help you to develop a strong personal practice, as well as an understanding that can be applied to all styles of yoga. It is the Primary Series where one becomes familiar with the Vinyasa system and gets used to a daily practice that will purify and heal the body. Studio temperature will be 85 degrees. This class will be one hour and 45 minutes long. We recommend taking Intro to Ashtanga before taking Primary Series Ashtanga.
- This class is for mommies-to-be and includes a mixture of balancing, strengthening and stretching poses that are specifically designed for the journey of pregnancy. Linking yoga postures with the breath will bring awareness to the mind, body and spirit of you and your baby. This class will help strengthen the uterus and pelvic muscles, improve circulation, aid in digestion, exercise the spine, and increase overall comfort. Studio temperature will be 75 degrees. All levels class.
Hot Yoga LEVEL ONE
- This class is designed for students who are finished with Foundations Yoga and still not quite ready for Hot Yoga. This class will cover Hot Yoga poses and studio will be set at 99 degrees but the sequencing will be basic. Come check it out and get your body used to the heat! Beginners level class.